Thursday, May 5, 2011

It is better to practice a little than talk a lot!

I have always been someone who is very in touch with their emotions and have believed that if something is troubling you, say it! However, a lot of the time we say things that would've been better left unsaid...

Ever since I was small, I have had a problem with sharing too many of my feelings and emotions, too quickly. Specifically when it is someone who is hurting or offending me or the people closest to me. I have always found it hard to rather keep quiet, and a lot of the time it has made things worse as sometimes things do not get said in the correct way and misunderstandings occur.



With time, I came to realise that the things I say can sometimes cause the situation to worsen. Today I know that it is better to practice a little self control than to say a lot. I can always share my feelings, but there is way to say things that sometimes help the people upsetting you, to really understand what they are doing.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it seems better to just say it and get it off your chest.. and then later on you realise it just wasn't worth saying.. (when I say 'you' and don't mean YOU..mean generally:) )

    ReplyDelete